Monday, February 4, 2013

[CONTEST] Win a Dia de los Muertos Pendant from Azurafae

THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED! Thank you for participating.

I started doing watercolors a couple years back, when I painted this Watercolor Skull. Ever since then, I've been hooked. I've been making jewelry since I was a child. I combined my love of watercolor and jewelry making to create this double sided Skull and Heart Necklace. I enjoyed making that necklace so much, that I made a new one of a kind pendant featuring my Dia de los Muertos artwork. I'm giving the new one away to one lucky Skull-A-Day fan! This is a rare occurrence, so don't miss out on entering below!



To give you an idea of scale, I'm holding it in my hand.



PRIZE INFO: A one of a kind double sided Dia de los Muertos pendant featuring two original watercolor and ink paintings created by Azurafae. Both paintings are inserted in a special locket style pendant. Each painting is signed with my real name and dated on the back. The pendant measures about 1" by 2". Though the paintings are secured in the pendant and won't fall out, do not get the pendant wet, or the paintings will be ruined. I'm not including a chain or ribbon, since many people already own a necklace they could slip the pendant on.

HOW TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling us where you would wear this double skull pendant. For example, to a Dia de los Muertos festival, or perhaps a romantic picnic in a cemetery.

CONTACT INFO: If you win, we need to contact you. With your comment, please INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!! Entries are only valid with this information.

WHERE TO ENTER: All entries must be made on this blog post, on Skull-A-Day.com. You CANNOT enter this contest by commenting on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.

CONTEST CLOSES: 11:59:59 PM Eastern USA Time Friday, February 8, 2012.

NUMBER OF WINNERS: One

PRIZE SHIPS: This contest is open to all skull lovers around the world.

IF YOU DON'T WIN: Unfortunately, since this is a one of a kind piece, there won't be a duplicate. However, I will be adding similar pendants to my Etsy shop, Azurafae, in the future. Also, custom requests are welcome. You can email me at azurafae@gmail.com for inquiries.

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Them! :D no_slip_diff@hotmail.com

Social Justice Social Worker said...

I would wear this pendant to a variety of occasions: work, dance parties, and (hopefully) a romantic exploratory stroll through the oldest cemetery in Raleigh: http://www.rccpreservation.org/

lynnewalter@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I would wear this to my elopement, which should be happening in a few months. I plan on wearing a blue dress. :)

ckourkoulis93@yahoo.com

Dr. M said...

I would wear this to teach in. My students already think I'm "the creepy teacher" so...why not put the icing on the cake with some creepy-cute?

Dorothy Verbick said...

I am getting married November 2nd, which is on Day of the Dead... So naturally I would wear this necklace to my day of the dead themed wedding!!!

Like Dr. M... I am also the creepy art teacher, so I would wear this while I taught the kids a day of the dead lesson plan!!!

dorothy.verbick@gmail.com

Natazcha - Artsy Fartsy said...

Im so in!
I would wear this any day of the week! I love it!
Natazcha @ gmail . com

markymark said...

I would wear my skull pendant everywhere and all the time..
I would wear it with my skull beanie,skull scarf and my Ed Hardy skull t-shirt.
would still wear it while painting skulls.. you can probably guess I kinda got bit of a soft spot for all things skully !!!

Liz said...

I would wear this daily. It looks like it could be a lucky talisman for me. TYVM & GL to all skullies! lizbonkat@live.com

luvskulls said...

I would wear to the park, I would wear it the dark. I would wear it with my team, I would wear it with a scream. I would wear it all day long, I would wear it with a song.

amanda.hicks55@gmail.com

PsyMuse said...

I would wear this gorgeous pendant to dance in the moonlight!
barbra.gibb@gmail.com

Melissa said...

I would wear them to the Skulltastic Girl Scout Troop 202 cookie booth sales this spring.

freebez said...

I would wear the pendant all the time. I would make it more casual-looking with a ribbon and dress it up with a metal chain.
freebez AT gmail.com

Unknown said...

EVERYWHERE! OF COURSE.

arizonanala@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would wear it everywhere, everyday. I don't think that skulls are morbid or scary, I think they are beautiful and symbolize something very honest and pure. I would be proud to own something such as this.

Unknown said...

I would wear them at my bridal shower for my day of the dead wedding Nov. 2nd :)
Cakeordeath3@gmail.com

Unknown said...

i think it would look better on my daughters neck than mine. antianti@live.ca

Unknown said...

I would wear one on special occasions, since they are so very nice and beautiful !

Unknown said...

Let me wear them everywhere and get a ton of your business cards to promote you!I wear skulls bracelets I make- and being over 50 is nifty as I get copied!

LBabroski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LBabroski said...

I'd wear it possibly everyday to work, to the grocery store, sitting around in my bathrobe... this is awesome!

lindsaybabroski@aol.com

Unknown said...

I would wear this pendant to celebrate Dia de Los Muertos at HollywoodForever Cemetery featuring a concert by Lila Downs, OR Ozomatli

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My 1st POST: was saposed to say EVERYWHERE!*** oops SO SORRY!:D

zenpony said...

I would wear it everywhere!

Sarah said...

I would wear these everywhere, it would show off my day of the dead skull to a tee! LOVE!
anamcarra@yahoo.com

valentina wallace said...

I would wear this every day until my death and then will be buried with it
Chris0217@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Why not wear it all the time! I would. By the way I think they are beautiful, good job.

Unknown said...

i would wear it everyday and tell everyone to go to you and get their very own. they a very pretty.

Pugsley said...

I'd wear it around my lovely wife, Sue's, neck. She's much better looking than I am.
pugsleymcgoo@sbcglobal.net

Unknown said...

If i had a pendant like this i would wear it all the time the awesome mix of color combinations makes it go with everything blbreaux81@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I would wear it regularly, rotating it with my everyday jewelry. I already wear skulls regularly, but this would be the most beautiful skull piece I owned.

diblasi.claudia@gmail.com

jenn said...

I would wear it in my videos for Young & Free St. Louis and my new baby blog, hitchhikersguidetovideo.com!

h.jennifercloud@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would wear it to honor my friends who have died through sucide. So often people die through sucide and no body wants to remember them or their life. Even though they had their problems they were really nice people
cindy.sissau@gmail.com

cverdi09 said...

I'd wear it for fun and profit! And I'd wear little else!
cverdi09@gmail.com

LunaChick said...

I love skulls, & would wear this everywhere!
malaficent@gmail

francofille32 said...

I would give this to my friend Angie, who has a Dia de los Muertos shrine in her apartment and is all about living life to the fullest. She works her butt off at Whole Foods by day and sometimes caters by night, so in between jobs I'd love for her to go out on a date with a worthy man, wearing this little pendant as a talisman.

thorson said...

I would wear this to work. I love wearing things like this that make my very straight laced boss do a double-take.

jkthorson02@gmail.com

Beth said...

I would wear this pendent to my photography show opening, on Feb 27th in the University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY. My show features photos of dead animal specimans piled up in diffrent compositions. I admire and respect the beauty of death and this pendent would definatly show that! thanks,
ecochra1@uwyo.edu

Pugzz said...

If I had a pendant
I'd wear it in the morning
I'd wear in the evening
All over this town
I'd wear it out shopping
I'd wear it without warning
I'd wear it out with my brothers and
my sisters
All over this town...

HexenCootie said...

SWEET. Yeah, this would be an almost daily wear to whatever piece of jewelry for me. Too cool!

quickestgirl@gmail.com

LD said...

To the All Souls Procession in Tucson of course, as I walk with the public library's float!

dx said...

Most everyday, but especially to our annual Day Of The Dead festival.
dixon_r_s@yahoo.com