Friday, November 16, 2012

Doll Skulls

Visual Artist Barry Morris [Badge] from the United Kindom shared: “Ever since I was a child I have been scared of dolls, terrified that they would come to life at night and attack me... I uncovered that if Barbie were real she would die instantly due to her disproportionate body, this eased my fear. Safe in the knowledge that dolls were physically incapable of coming to life I began building their imagined anatomy, unaware that by giving them a skeleton I was metaphorically bringing them to life.”**



 ** be sure to read [Badge]'s full statement about his work  HERE.


Toy Story C says:

From Talky Tina to Chucky to others, it's hard not to have a healthy fear that someday a doll may come to life and cause you harm.  You have done amazing things with your anatomy studies, and you have single handily transformed something that was fearful into something down right frightening.  Thank you for sharing your work with us and good luck in the Dollpocalypse.

1 comment:

Lenore said...

o_O' Wow... Completly Crazy his Dolls!! i like it!! ^^