Friday, September 3, 2010

Skull Hood

Kim from Club RUB London (NSFW/K) sent us this picture of a Mexican Day of the Dead looking hood she did with “Club RUB's 14th Birthday event” in mind.

Kim said: “I made this hood with my own fair hands. I started with a black lycra hood. Using a polystyrene head, I use a square of white felt and pinned the cut-out skull-shape on the lycra hood and hand-sewn it into place. Using a glue gun I stuck crystals in the teeth area. On the forehead, in between the eyes, I stuck a paper filigree heart that came off a Valentine's card my fella gave me. The rose head garland was made using a wide plastic headband from any £1 shop. The red roses I got from a discount shop. A hot glue gun is an absolute ‘must-have’ as it secures the roses in place instantly. I added crystals to the tips of the roses using Superglue. Alternatively you can add glitter glue to the tips of the roses.”


Censored C says:

As a mask aficionado, I truly admire your work on this one. I never thought about using a lyrca hood before as a base, thank you for that tip. I really love the amount of thought that went into making this piece, you captured the look very well and I can imagine you blending in flawlessly amongst traditional decorations. Thank you for subitting your work, and we would love to see more of this theme from you the future.

No comments: