Friday, September 24, 2010

“Pink Skull Painting”

Artist Patrick Landeck from Chicago, IL sent us this photo of a 24"x 24" acrylic on canvas painting he did.

Suet C says:

I really like the repeating background on this piece, the use of light and dark as well as the cracked natures of those skulls remind me of batik work. I also really like the style of the skull your portray here. The stylized cartoon nature of it draws me in and makes me feel welcomed, it's no wonder a bird found it. I can easily see the skull appealing to many people and someday being made into an actual birdhouse. Thank you for submitting this piece as well as sharing your link with us to the other great work you do.

2 comments:

Abby Davis said...

Reminds me of a bird brained lobotomy.

The background reminds me of a batik too. I'll have to learn how to do that.

Steffie P. IA said...

The cracks have a tree-like quality that complement the bird.