Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ink Skull Postcard

R W Marshall submitted this post card with an inked skull.


I like the black and white graphic quality this has. The combination of the skull with the star burst make me think of old cartoons where fight scenes would have start bursts with "CRASH", "BANG", "WHAM" and "BOOM" with every punch. This makes me want to watch the Batman TV show from the 1960s. I vividly remember watching the reruns with my great aunt on her black with white TV. I will always love that style of comics and TV.

3 comments:

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon said...

Sorry, had a bout of can't-type-itis that I didn't notice until I posted...

Anyway, I'm digging on the skull, peering out of the nasal opening of the skull. It took a couple of moments for me to notice it, then it added a layer of creepy complexity to the art.

Well done!

Abby Davis said...

I didn't notice that until now. Great observation.