Friday, December 4, 2009

Skull Ornaments

Jessica from Oaklahoma said: “I created these ornaments in honor of Day of the Dead. They were made by stamping acrylic paint onto fabric using foam stamps that I carved myself. The skulls were then decorated and embellished with beads, glitter paint, fibers and ribbon.”



Rhinestone C says:

I really enjoyed seeing your work. Besides their intended resemblance, I am also reminded of the Mummers of Philadelphia. I don't recall ever seeing any Skull brigades, but these would fit in perfectly. Thank You for sharing your skulls with us.

2 comments:

Abby Davis said...

I love the idea of using a hand carved rubber stamp to make the skull shapes. The use of the incredible ribbon is nice too. I love using that ribbon, it's so versatile. These are very lovely.

Jessica Whitehouse said...

Yay! I got posted! Check out my photo gallery for more fun skulls I've done.