Friday, December 11, 2009

Skull Cakes

Our first cake is from Silvia Pietrangeli who said: “Two layers cake with chocolate ganache filling and icing. Skull, bones and hearts are made of MMF (marshmallows fondant)”

Today’s other cake came from Jennifer Cook, from Victoria, BC who told us: “What I have for you is a red velvet skull cake I baked for my friend's Day of the Dead-themed birthday party. I made a stencil to dust a chocolate skull on the top... and when you cut into the cake the vividly red cake against the white cream cheese icing looked super dramatic. Mmm skulls... having your birthday on the Mexican Day of the Dead = morbidly fun times.”


Frosting C says:

For the last couple of days I have been having the inkling for a nice homemade cake, It was great to find these in our submission box, they look wonderful. Thank you for submitting your work for us to enjoy with our eyes.

1 comment:

Abby Davis said...

Wow those are beautiful and delicious. I like the attention to flavor as well as aesthetics.