Friday, December 4, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 29. Shadow (of a doubt) Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#26: 29. Shadow (of a doubt) Skull

I had the idea of creating a spooky shadow that seemed to come from nowhere, so I cut a skull out of paper and then taped it to a piece of glass which I held out with one hand while I shot the photo with my other. The sun was out, but it wasn't very bright in my house so it was a fairly tricky thing to keep a steady hand with a longer exposure. When I was preparing this post I found a variation on this that I had never posted and completely forgotten about! In this one the second shadow was created by a light in my kitchen being on...

No comments: