Friday, December 18, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 276. Skull-Brite

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#24: 276. Skull-Brite


I used my sister's childhood Lite-Brite to make this and she made me promise not to sell it! It ended up being harder to make than I planned since I ran out of the colors of pegs that I needed to complete the image part way through. It turns out that while Lite-Brites are still made, they've changed the colors slightly and more importantly they've changed the width of the pegs! I ended up spending almost as much time sanding down pegs to fit as I did creating the pattern for this!

No comments: