Friday, December 11, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 108. Shadow Skull #2

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#25: 108. Shadow Skull #2

I had the idea that I could design a compressed skull that would stretch out into a normal skull shape if a light was positioned correctly above it. I just drew what I thought would work directly onto the paper then taped all four variations I tried to a wall in my basement to photograph, where they stayed for over a year. I ended up making more revised versions of two of them for the Martha Stewart Show, but it never got used. If you're interested in making some of your own you can grab the PDF HERE. As always I just ask that you share the results with us!