Monday, December 7, 2009

C-Rations: 0C11011

This week’s offering are Credit Cards.
“Maxed Out” approx. 3.5" X 2" and 2.5" X 1.5" found credit cards cut

Plastic C says:

When I was out walking yesterday, I found these three credit cards. When I called the numbers on the back of the cards to report them found, I was told to destroy them, so I decided to give them a creative stimulus package to help them live on.

Finding these cards made me think about the disposable society that we live in: even our monetary system is disposable. I wonder what it was that made these cards homeless. Were they maxed out? Did they have a $0.00 balance? I guess we will never know.

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

3 comments:

Noah said...

Awesome! I love when found materials inspire art.

Tatman said...

Nice! I couldn't agree more with this entire post.

PrixMadonna said...

Excellent. I love skully social commentary. Also like the link to the Stimulus piece. That is awesome.