Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Simulacra - Version 3.18

This week's collection of simulacra showcases the diversity of the skulls found all around us everyday.

Phil Cheney brings us "something I found at Thacker's Hardware Store here in Petersburg, VA. One of the best hardware stores in the area, IMHO. Anyway it reminded me of what C-3PO's skull might look like."


I couldn't agree more, Phil!

Next up is this roasted "skullsmallow" from Maria Breiwald in Eskilstuna, Sweden. She writes, "one evening, me and a couple friends were roasting marshmallows...I took a bite out of one and...well, I hope the picture speaks for itself. He might be looking a little sad because I'm about to munch him all up. Anyway, I could not have drawn a cuter, chubbier and (literally) sweeter little skull to send in."


And last but not least might be the grossest skull I've seen to date. Creative theorist and solution engineer Shawn White found this one in a cornish hen. He tells us, "We were splitting cornish hens to put on the Big Green Egg (I love the Egg) and as I was cleaning the bird I happened to look at the neck and was astonished to see a grisly skull staring back at me. I hollered for my wife to come look and then to grab the camera. "



Another round of excellent finds from everyone. To all of you skull hunters out there, keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

Also, it's only 27 days left for the "Countdown To Halloween". Are you ready yet......?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Yay! My skullsmallow made it in! He was delicious. :D

PrixMadonna said...

That sinewy skull is amazing.

And I can attest to Phil spending a LOT of time in Thacker's.