Thursday, October 29, 2009

Skull-A-Day on Tour: Sandusky Recap

I just got back from a lovely weekend in Sandusky, Ohio where the fine folks at the Sandusky Cultural Center curated an all skull art show inspired by my project which they called, appropriately enough, "Skull A Day". I sent 15 of the original skulls for them to display along side of art by 17 invited Northern Ohio artists. There was even a display in the entryway of skeletal work by local middle and high school students! All of the art was fantastic and there was a great crowd at the opening (which featured skull cookies and chocolates). I signed books, gave a brief talk on the project and met a bunch of really nice people.

Here are a few images from the installation:



The Kotkowski family drove over an hour to check the show out and have me sign their skull!...


Fellow artists the Josh and Callie had me at their house for a lovely dinner and not only did I leave them a skull on their table (made of the cute holiday confetti that decorated it)...


...but I also discovered a cute face in the remnants of my desert plate. Do you see it?

Thanks again to Charles T. Mayer who coordinated the whole thing and was my kind host.

If you're in the area do stop by, the show is up through November 29th.

Off to Philadelphia next...

3 comments:

~Wendy~ said...

Sounds like a delightful evening! I LOVE this blog- who wouldn't?
Wendy for The Gothic Tea Society

Tatman said...

If I still lived in Kalamazoo it would have been worth the 3 hours to make it to the show. Oh well, I'm still waiting to see the Sadusky newspaper story.

Noah said...

I'll scan and post the article soon, it's not online. But here's another article that just came out.