Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Skull-A-Day on Tour: LA Recap

Just had to share a few pix from myrecent trip to Los Angeles, where I had an art opening/book signing at the Chaos Gallery in the fantastic Museum of Death...

The parking sign at the museum features my very own Skullphabet #1. They actually made it before we'd even met!



Here's a shot showing a couple of the prints in the gallery space, the work will be up through October 14th, so you've got just one more day to check it out...

No trip to the museum would be complete without seeing some of the owners' fantastic pets (including a two-headed turtle). Here Cathee shows off their albino snake that likes to have his teeth rubbed!...


And of course I had to spot a skull simulacra while I was walking around the neighborhood. This is actually a part of the gate around the Scientology Celebrity Centre (I kid you not)...


Now I'm off to Louisville, Kentucky, hope to see some of you there!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I saw your skullphabet font on a flyer in a bar in Philly! The door man was not as excited about it as I was.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Thanks for sharing your adventure. Wish I could have been there. The show looks amazing.

Cheers!

Tatman said...

Looks like you had a good time. I'm glad that the scientologists didn't get to you.

JR said...

It wasn't until I was walking back to my car that I realized the parking sign used your skullphabet. It was nice meeting you.