Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Gift of Skulls

A couple more lovely skull gifts I've been given recently...

Our very own Tatman made this terrific etched glass inspired by a recent submission by Shaun Andruck and his own foray into etched glass making. He even customized it with my name on the back! He's making these to sell too, so if you're interested in them expect details soon...


And my friend Jay kindly gave me this large lovely skull. He says, "These jade skulls are called HongShan. But I highly doubt they are that age. The Hong Shan culture of China existed between 4500 - 2500 BC. I do not know the age of this piece, as they have been mimicked for a long time since the demise of the Hong Shan culture. Some of mine look very old, others not. Almost all of the HongShan skulls are hollowed out, and most surmise that it was probably for some form of illumination, during the ritual associated with it. I just think they are cool, as they are hand made, and are jade."

2 comments:

Tatman said...

Yes, stay tuned for details on how to order your own official Skull-A-Day.com glass!

Christine said...

Some skull glasses would be great! It would be cool if we could purchase those square glasses too!