Wednesday, October 28, 2009

[BONUS] 372. Think Skull

Since 2001 I've participated in a fantastic biennial art show here in Richmond, VA called Think Small. All pieces can be no larger than 3 inches by 3 inches (by 3 inches if it's a sculpture) and over a hundred artists participate. Two years ago I actually made one of the original skulls as a test for what I made for the show. This year I was inspired to make another skull (using a technique I'd tried before). This is machine stitching on fabric, I use the reverse button as a way to draw with the sewing machine...


The show opens November 6th in Richmond, but you can see many of the pieces online as well. Details are HERE.

2 comments:

Doodle Daily said...

That would be a perfect place for me to exhibit my doodle art, since most of my pieces are no bigger than 3x3. Wish I had known about them sooner. I will go check out their site.

Warren
www.thedoodledaily.com

WB said...

nice!