Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Simulacra - Round 38

Jared Karnes, owner of the tribal organic jewelry company Onetribe, gave me this lovely piece of marble jade he found in Bali Guatemala...


Sean and Nick Bentley spotted this forklift near USC in Los Angeles...



And Kendra says, "This is a photo of a dying star that is wobbling as it is expelling jets of gases in different directions. The variations in colors, and swirling of the gases seem to make many different skulls appear, which I found after looking at it closely. How many do you see?"

4 comments:

Tatman said...

Ha ha! My wife has the skull eye like me. I see a few different skulls in the star. That marble is sweet. How big is that?

Unknown said...

The stone is actually a pretty valuable piece of jade from the Motagua River Valley of Guatemala, the source for the jades the Maya culture used for their antiquities. If I remember correctly it's 3-4 inches square, roughly, and is about 1/4" thick. Treat it well, Noah :)

Noah said...

Thanks for the clarification Jared, and thanks again for the gift!

T. said...

Sean & Nick! What a great surprise to see you here!