Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Simulacra - Round 37

Diane Q, in Montreal, Quebec says, "I took this photo at an orchid exposition several weeks ago, the centres of the flowers look like tiny little skulls. It was even more evident in person, but I think the image captured it decently."...



Bryan A. spotted this skully waterfall in Banff National Park in Canada...


he provided an outlined version in case they're not obvious...



and Shannon Formica of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania says, "I found this old chewed up, stepped on piece of gum on the ground as I was waiting for the bus one morning. I looked down and thought it was a
toy...upon closer inspection I realized it was an accidental skull"...

8 comments:

PearsonMetalArt said...

The flowers are amazing. I see a third, smaller skull on the left side of the waterfall

Sam said...

SICK!

mim said...

I think I must look more closely at Orchids!

taymam said...

so messed up

Anonymous said...

coolest flowers ever and now I want some. Where can I get them?

Diane said...

Woi! This is Diane. Thanks for featuring my orchids :D

Tatman said...

I'm definitely getting my wife some orchids for her garden now. That waterfall pic is AMAZING! And yes, gum that has been chewed up spit out, and stepped on has led a miserable life and will always appear inherently evil. Great finds by everyone.

Regina Nisita said...

Does anyone know the name of the orchid? It is amazing!