Wednesday, May 20, 2009

[BONUS] Library Skulls

Yesterday I gave a talk to New York Public Library librarians about Skull-A-Day as part of the their Stuff for The Teen Age 2009 program, which includes a recommendation of my book SKULLS. As part of the event the librarians were encouraged to make their own skulls using an assortment of materials that were culled from the grocery store by one of the coordinators. They had just 10 minutes to make their temporary art and I think they came up with some pretty fantastic results!...



I've actually been invited back this fall to do a program with teens at the library as well, so expect to expect a follow up about too. And hey, if your school or library would be interested in having me come talk/sign books/run a workshop and they have the budget to bring me there from Richmond, Virginia please have them get in touch.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome!

Sam said...

cool!

Tatman said...

What? They didn't want to carve up any books in the name of skull making? Great work by all. I could never make an Oreo skull. I would just be eating them .

Regina Harris said...

That was a cool idea!