Wednesday, April 15, 2009

[BONUS] Skull Stencil in Use

Gail Stewart made this lovely purse out of a vintage placemat, chopsticks, and my Cocoa Stencil. She's selling it (and potentially a few more) on Etsy and donating the profits to the Australian Red Cross to benefit victims of the February Victoria bushfires. You can get it HERE.


Tatman said...

Great work for a great cause. Good luck, Gail!

nitebyrd said...

Thank you, both, very much! It's a cause close to my heart.

Ron said...

You are ONE creative lady!!!

HOLY COW...I freaking LOVE this!!

I remember you mentioning something on my blog about using placemats a while back, so NOW I see! I really love the use of chopsticks.

A wonderful cause too!

You GO, Sis!

I'm so proud to ya!


Sorrow said...

Very COOL! and a wonderful cause!

Tera said...

While I have a lot of respect for the cause, the problem here is that the dark cutouts of the stencil are supposed to be shadows. Using a lighter colour to fill them in makes it a sort of negative image where it's hard to tell what it is.

A nice bag overall, though.