Saturday, January 31, 2009

SKULLS honored by librarians

I am extremely honored to find out that my book SKULLS has been chosen as one of the Top Ten 2009 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers by the YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association).
The Quick Picks list, presented annually at the ALA Midwinter Meeting suggests books that teens, ages 12-18, will pick up on their own and read for pleasure; it is geared to the teenager who, for whatever reason, does not like to read.

“The list is overflowing with diverse titles; we have everything from stunning portraits, tattoo revelations to fallen stars and skulls made of soap suds,” said Joy Millam, committee chair. “This list is a true reflection of the teens we serve. Our goal was to put out a list that gives every reluctant reader a book to connect with personally.”

7 comments:

Phil said...

A role model for teenagers!

With praise like that there now needs to be a Skulls 2.

Have you been asked to do the lunch lecture at Library of VA yet?

Noah said...

Nope, haven't heard from the library yet. Do you have a connection there?

Rabbithorns said...

Now that's my kind of library!

b13 said...

Congrats Noah!

PearsonMetalArt said...

Hopefully they will learn to do what they love also.
Congratulations

Golden Flower said...

Maybe you can come and speak at D.C. Public Library. I borrowed the book last week & loved it! I'll tell my teen patrons about it.

Noah said...

I would love to speak in D.C. (and really anywhere that'll have me)! Definitely feel free to pass my information along to anyone who makes decisions about such things!