Monday, December 22, 2008

Faux Sugar Skulls

Miss Charley Jo Landers a disabled US Army veteran of Operation Desert Storm makes and sells these lovely pieces. She says, "I make these from polymer clay, using Day of The Dead sugar skulls as inspiration. They are scented with clove essential oil, baked right into the clay. They are made as pendants, and can hang from a necklace using the copper wire coil at the top of each skull." You can find more of her work for sale on Etsy...


She even did a version on her own hand in henna!...

3 comments:

Jill said...

The henna is amazingly cool! Love it.

Henna Caravan said...

Henna Caravan loves your henna skulls!
very amazing

katillac deVille said...

If it weren't for the waiting time with henna on my skin until I can wash it off, leaving the temporary "ink," I'd use it far more often. It would be like having new tattoos every month or so!

I love the clay skulls and I bet they smell wonderful. I can't have anything like that around or I may accidentally try to eat one :p