Saturday, March 8, 2008

279. Bouquet of Skull


Arranged Cut Flowers (7ft x 8.5ft [2.13m x 2.6m]). A jumbo thanks to my friend Shelia who got me these discarded flowers from a friend at a local wholesale florist. This was shot at the end of her street and I stood on the top of her panel truck to get this image. Here's a shot from the ground...
For a sense of scale here's Shelia measuring it for me...


And here are a couple of the neighborhood kids helping to dismantle the skull, by making arrangements for their grandmother...

10 comments:

Blandy Snorhal said...

I love this one! I especially love that second shot. Nice work!

mc said...

Cool. Big one.

katillac deVille said...

I love the use of colour! The petals and buds make for a great outline enhancement. I bet that smelled wonderful too.

Karen said...

Beautiful! I would buy a print of that one.

dinahmow said...

BIG! And lovely that those kids did something with it.

Anonymous said...

awesome!
i love this one.


so when are you going to do your even bigger Skull ideas?

Sarah said...

gorgeous! and what a nice contrast with the sharp metallic one the day before

The Lone Beader® said...

Bouquet of skull is gorgeous!!

mim said...

Definitely a print of this one would be lovely. It's such a beautiful skull. Thanks, I needed this image.

Tatman said...

I like it when the skulls are on the larger scale. Great work.

Kudos to the kids for giving Grandma flowers, too.